COVID-19 Policies & Practices
The health and wellbeing of our Kihei Kai guests is our number one priority. With this in mind, over the last several months we have updated and enhanced our cleaning procedures, modified our office and facility practices and completed deep cleans on each of our units in preparation for reopening. Additional information can be found below, as well as updates to our reservation policies and travel requirements to Hawaii.
COVID-19 Reservation Policies
As of April 15, 2021 our cancellation policy is if the reservation is cancelled or modified up to 60 days before the date of arrival, a fixed amount of USD $200 will be charged. When the reservation is cancelled or modified later than 60 days before the date of arrival or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged.
Kihei Kai Oceanfront Condos will not guarantee a refund due to Covid-19 related cancellations or government shut downs.
*** The cancellation policy is strictly enforced. Please consider Travel Insurance of your choice in case a cancellation occurs.
For additional reservation policies please follow this link.
Hawaii Travel Restrictions
Visitors travelling to Hawaii are required to provide a vaccination card or a negative Covid-19 test within 72 hours of the last leg of their flight. Only certain COVID testing partners are approved by the State of Hawaii. If your test does not meet the DOH testing parameters you will be subject to a 14-day quarantine. Approved hotels for quarantine in Maui County can be found here.
Hawaii’s Department of Health is updating and finalizing specific procedures on a daily basis. We highly recommend that you visit this website for the most up to date information prior to your travels.
The State of Hawaii Travel and Health Form “Safe Travels” must be completed prior to arrival. In addition, the County of Maui requires all travelers to provide additional information. Both forms can be filled out and submitted online.
Important Note: We are not an approved facility for quarantine. Approved hotels for quarantine in Maui County can be found here.
- We have new stringent CDC compliant cleaning procedures in place as well as suggested guidelines to keep everyone safe for a relaxing stay.
- During your stay our housekeeping staff will wear masks and gloves which are discarded upon leaving each unit. They will be following all the CDC guidelines in regards to cleaning recommendations. They will also be using properly approved disinfectants, and follow frequent hand washing protocols.
- Your bed linens are professionally laundered. We are now triple sheeting each bed for added protection and all decorative comforters and pillows which cannot be appropriately cleaned have been removed.
Common Area Rules
- Common areas and common elements will be cleaned and sanitized by Kihei Kai staff once daily. This includes:
- Beach chairs and lounges
- Gas grills
- Tables and chairs
- Beach shower handles
- Office door handles
- Laundry machine surfaces and door handles
- Pool cleaning
- Guests will be expected to have their own face masks and will be responsible to manage their own “social distancing” while in the common areas of the property.
- Our property chairs and tables will be spaced appropriately. Guests are asked to maintain this spacing.
- Disinfectant spray and paper towels will be provided for the general use of all guests in the common areas. Guests are expected to clean all contact areas of any common element listed above after each use.
- Guests will be expected to have their Chairs and tables will be spaced appropriately.
- Please limit your time in any common area (pool, beachfront chairs, and grills) so that others may enjoy as well. Be courteous and share!
- The Library will be temporarily removed. Please bring your own reading material and remove at departure
- Limited pool access – maximum occupancy 4 at a time.
- Barbecues – 1 person at each barbecue at a time.
- The Pay Range App will be available for guests using washers and dryers. Quarters will not be available. Please bring your own quarters if you choose not to use the app.
- Access to the Kihei Kai office area will be limited. Airplane boarding passes can be accessed on your phone or the airport kiosk.
From the Kahului Airport it is a quick and easy 20 minute trip traveling across the center of the island. Your rental car pickup will determine your starting spot.